The seemingly endless uses and types of crystals can sometimes feel overwhelming to any beginner dipping their toes into crystalline practices and knowledge. You might often hear about the importance of finding crystals for what it is you need, as being intentional in your selection often ensures that the crystal’s uses will come to be. With so many types out there, how can you know what you’ve selected works for you?
I am going to highlight some uses for four of our favorite stones in hopes we can help you choose the best crystal for your needs.* I am going to bring you along to explore the physical and healing properties of clear quartz, rose quartz, moonstone, and lapis lazuli.
*As with any spiritual practice, crystals are incredibly versatile so we also encourage you to do more research into your stones to make sure you understand its capabilities and spiritual powers.
Clear quartz can be quickly identified by its glassy, cloudy, and clear appearance. This crystal is colorless and transparent, and may have small inclusions that look like smudges, making each one truly unique. This crystal is what most people envision when the word “crystal” comes to mind.
Clear quartz is an incredibly versatile stone, and can be used to magnify many spiritual practices and rituals. Some uses include:
- Enhancing intuitive or psychic abilities by working with the Crown Chakra.
- Amplifying concentration and memories.
- Drawing off negative energy and neutralizing background radiation and electromagnetic smog.
- Balancing physical, mental, emotional and spiritual planes.
- Cleansing the organs, promoting connection between your inner and outer worlds.
- Harmonizing your chakras and aligning your spiritual energies.
Rose quartz is a deeply beautiful, highly sought after member of the quartz family for its potency when dealing with all matters of love. It can be classified by its hazy, translucent nature. Its color can range from the faintest of peach to vivid, deep pinks.
Rose quartz is often considered to be the stone of universal love. If you are seeking guidance in the ways of love, you have found yourself a match. Rose quartz can be used to:
- Open and purify the Heart Chakra to promote deep inner healing and feelings of unconditional love and peace.
- Calm and reassure its user in periods of grief or uncertainty.
- Dispel negativity and replace it with strong loving energies.
- Restore trust and harmony in relationships.
- Encourage unconditional love in all parts of your life.
Moonstones range in appearance from opaque to transparents, and colorless to white with accents of blue, silver, green, yellow/brown, or grey/black. It can be identified by the presence of adularescence, an optical phenomenon produced to give off a metallic iridescence.
Moonstones are truly stunning to behold, and come with a variety of spiritual uses:
- Works with both the Third Eye Chakra and Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Inner growth and strength when facing a new beginning.
- Soothing emotional volatility or instability.
- Easing stress by promoting calmness and ease.
- Enhancing good fortune in the matters of love and business.
- Aids in digestive functioning by helping to eliminate toxins and fluid retention.
- Stimulates the pineal gland and helps to balance hormonal cycles.
The dreamy, flowy blues of the lapis lazuli stone make it an easy one to identify. Its deep hues range from blue to violetish blue, and the crystal may contain gold-colored pyrite flecks.
Lapiz lazuli is considered a universal symbol of wisdom and truth, can be used in a variety of ways:
- Working with the Throat Chakra and Third Eye Chakras to encourage speaking one’s truth.
- Promoting inner peace by releasing stress and guarding against psychic attacks.
- Encouraging self-awareness to unlock freedom of self-expression and inner truth.
- Bonding relationships by aiding in expression and communication of feelings.
- Boosting the immune system and working with the respiratory and nervous system to prompt physical balance and decrease inflammation.
In Your Jewellery
Just as we are mindful in the materials and designs we create at Kaiko Studio, we are just as intentional and mindful with the crystals we select for our pieces. If any of these crystals call to you, we encourage you to try working with and wearing them to see how they can unlock hidden parts of your life, balance your energies, heal wounds you didn’t know were there, or promote unconditional self-love.